Generating a shipping label with the Shipping Panel is quick and easy. This article will assist you with shipping your first order. Once you have installed ShipWorks, added your store(s) and your shipping provider(s), this article will guide you through using the Shipping panel to quickly generate your first shipping label.
First Things First
This article assumes that you are shipping using Batch Grid Mode in ShipWorks. If you are shipping using Order Lookup Mode, please see this article.
Before you can ship your first order you will need to have ShipWorks installed, at least one store or marketplace connected to ShipWorks and at least one shipping provider configured. We have guides for all of that. See the below links.
If you already have all of that completed, great! Continue to the next section of this article for a short 1 minute video along with detailed, step-by-step instructions.
Once you have ShipWorks installed it is easy to quickly generate a shipping label using the Shipping Panel. Here's how: (detailed steps are below the video)
click to view full size (does not have sound)
1. Select the order you wish to ship by clicking on it. The order will be highlighted in blue. You can easily locate an order in ShipWorks by entering the order number or the customer's name into the Search All Orders box.
2. Select the Shipping Provider from the Provider: drop-down menu in the Shipping panel.
3. If this is the first order that you are shipping, it may be a good idea to double-check that the From address is correct. Click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the From section and make changes as needed. (Hint: Making changes in the From section will only affect the current shipment. Want to learn how to permanently update your From address? Check out this article.)
4. You can also check the To address by expanding the To section. If the address has not been validated yet, you can also validate the address now.
5. Next, configure the correct Service, Packaging, Weight, and Dimensions in the Shipment Details section of the Shipping Panel.
6. Review the rates for your configured shipment in the Rates panel. You can select any of the services shown in the Rates panel by clicking on it.
7. Click the Create Label button to process the shipment and print the shipping label.
That's it. Your label will print to your label printer.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Customer Care Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.